Tuesday, April 22, 2014

my day as a pin-up girl. photography


Sometimes I feel as if I was born in the wrong era. I absolutely love the style from back in the 1940's. From the hair to the makeup to the clothes. That's why I decided to make my boudoir photo shoot a pin-up girl theme instead.


I picked up a cute little 1940's "army" uniform that was just revealing enough. On a trip to Vegas earlier that year I'd stopped at the Bettie Page store and picked up an amazing pair of vintage looking TUK shoes. To top it all off I purchased a pair of thigh high stockings with a single black line up the back similar to the stockings from that era.


After getting my lashes, makeup and hair done I was ready for my closeup. Melissa Raimondi of Candy and Cream Boudoir was the lovely lady who took my pictures. I was nervous that I wouldn't know what to do or how to pose but she made me feel completely comfortable and relaxed. She gave really good direction of how to sit or stand that would look best for the camera.


This was her one of her first times doing a pin-up style photo shoot so we both enjoyed thinking up new poses and props that could make this shoot really unique. She told me that since these photos were done there's been a boom of people wanting pin-up themed shoots too. After seeing her work there's no question to why!


We also took a couple pictures in a different outfit. I had on a pair of bright red shoes with black thigh high fishnet stockings. I was wearing black underwear with a cute little black and red shrug.


I've been thinking about getting this kind of shoot done again. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had and I would highly recommend it for anyone. Melissa has so many different options for the type of shoot you can do. You can check out her Facebook page for some more amazing pictures that she's done.


I ended up buying three of these pictures on a wood backing and I hung them on the wall in the living room so I could remember every day how amazing I felt that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...