Monday, March 31, 2014

new coffee machine. new cat toy


I've never really been much into drinking coffee though I do like the taste. It's more how time consuming it can be that turns me off the most. I can't be bothered with grinding the beans, preparing it, and then waiting for it to brew. Plus with a regular coffee machine it's hard to only brew one cup. I have always been jealous of my sister's single-cup coffee machine. When my coworker found this amazing bundle I couldn't resist! He found a machine, the Verismo system by Starbucks, that makes single cups instantly.


AND comes with enough pods to make 70 beverages!


As I was trying to take everything out of the box, of course, the kitties needed to be little 'helpers'.



There were several layers of things to come out and every time I'd turn around Cleo had already found her way back into the box. Even when Waldo wanted a turn she stayed put.



After everything was out I couldn't believe all the pieces that it came with. There is a container that holds the water, and (this part I find extremely handy) a container that holds up to twelve empty pods. The pods automatically fall into this container after use! I was slightly worried about where I was going to find a place for it because my kitchen counters are already so full.


But it was really simple to put together and, with it's slim physique, I was easily able to find a place for it.


And then it was time to test it out! I slipped the pod into the slot and closed the handle.


I pushed the button and my espresso was ready in an instant!


It actually took longer for the soy milk to froth (which only takes 70 seconds). Once it was done I added it to my espresso so I could enjoy it as a latte.


It smelt delicious and was better than most coffees that I've had before. I think that it was definitely worth the buy as those 70 pods will last be a long while. Since Jade has now started working on the weekends, I got up and made her a coffee before work so she could enjoy the experience as well. Then it was time to enjoy my delicious latte.


And it was time for the cats to play around with their new toys. A box.


And some Styrofoam.


4 comments:

  1. If I drank coffee I'd be all over this...but I don't. I'm glad you're enjoying it, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun making it! And it's so quick and easy that I can do it before work and not have to get up early to make it.

      I wish I was more of a coffee connoisseur so I could appreciate how good (or bad) the coffee really is. If it were a tea making machine then I'd definitely know what's what in that department!

      Delete
    2. Haha, true that! But sometimes it's nice to just enjoy something for what it is, instead of picking it apart.

      Delete
    3. I agree. I made myself a coffee this morning. It was the first time I've made it before work. It would have taken no time at all if I hadn't split my creamer all over when I was shaking it! Silly silly. Someone needs to learn how to close the lid properly before shaking things.

      Delete

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...