Tuesday, April 15, 2014

my day as a pin-up girl. makeup


The next step in my pin-up girl transformation was to have my hair and makeup done.

I had the lovely Heather Thieson of Smudge Makeup do both my hair and makeup. She had such a bubbly and fun personality. Though the whole process took a while to do, she made time fly by with her stories and cheerful attitude. She did a spectacular job on both and knew exactly how to get the look I was describing.

I looked all over the internet for the hairstyle that I felt suited me best. I decided on victory rolls. I've always loved the look but I would have no idea how to do them on myself. I admire the ladies of that era for putting in so much effort into hair and makeup.


Next was the makeup. Heather knew the look I was going for so I just let her do whatever she felt would look right for the shoot. Once again I loved the final product. She bought a new red lipstick specifically for the shoot too. She used a shade called Ruby Woo by MAC Cosmetics. Afterwards I went out and bought the same one because it was such a gorgeous color.


I've had many friends get married over the years and I've given Heather's name to each and every one of them. I recently found out that she even does individual makeup lessons. I've always wanted to know how she did my makeup for this shoot so that would be the perfect way to have it broken down for me.


2 comments:

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...